Re: [OM] Focusing at infinity - 75 / 150 zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] Focusing at infinity - 75 / 150 zoom
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:01:01 +0100
On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 10:42:46PM -0800, John Hudson wrote:

> Today I became aware that my  75 / 150 no longer focuses at infinity at
> the infinity marker on the lens barrel. Focusing at infinity is about
> midway between the 30m mark and the infinity mark. By infinity I mean an
> object at least five miles away.
>
> As an interim measure I treated the focus at infinity as being when the
> split image in the viewfinder of my 4T was in perfect alignment even
> though the lens barrel had perhaps another millimeter to rotate before
> it would rotate no further.
>
> Can anyone advise me as to whether the lens should be serviced to have
> infinity set to infinity or whether what I have experienced today is
> normal behaviour for this lens.

I´ve had two situation when I had the same infinity-differences:
1.) With a ghostless-filter in front of my 200', the filter causes a infinity
difference.
2.) When examining lenses trough my window. But then I realized that the window
glass
was`nt perfect even. After opening the window infinity was o.k. again.

Frieder Faig