Re: [OM] Focusing at infinity - 75 / 150 zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] Focusing at infinity - 75 / 150 zoom
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:57:33 -0600
One of the more frequent problems with the Olympus 75-150 is separation
of one of the internal lens elements.  You can sometimes see this when
looking though the rear of the lens - hold the lens about a foot from
your eye and look at a light bulb.  Try to focus your eye "inside" the
lens.  Move the lens slightly, looking at the edge of the light bulb -
you might see a faint uneven line through one of the elements inside the
lens.

Simply adjusting the focus isn't a permanent fix if this is the
problem.  This element isn't available anymore, but it can be removed
and recemented.  Condition of the lens will determine if it's worth the
expense.