Re: Hardware fetish (long), was Re: [OM] Jane Bown

Subject: Re: Hardware fetish (long), was Re: [OM] Jane Bown
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 19:00:01 GMT
Once again my thickheadedness is showing. And I don't think it's just this darned respiratory infection. I appreciate Simon's views on photography *and* (not versus) gear fetishism. I also greatly appreciate gear fetishism and have learned much this year about why it exists so desperately amongst listfolk here - whom I occasionally imagine, in my more feverish musings, might otherwise be wearing studded leather, strategically cut out in delicate places. So, thank goodness for relatively healthy fixations. I doubt enough cows exist to satisfy the equivalent demand of the collective passion of the world's Zuikoholics.

But let us move on to a far more important topic: the superiority of blue Siberian squirrel quill brushes over Kalinsky sable for watercolors.