(Fwd) RE: Hardware fetish (long), was Re: [OM] Jane Bown

Subject: (Fwd) RE: Hardware fetish (long), was Re: [OM] Jane Bown
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 00:27:46 +0000

Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:42:49 -0600
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Hardware fetish (long), was Re: [OM] Jane Bown
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Amen Doris. I still have some  of the hardware fetishist in me, but I
learned my lesson many years ago with audio  equipment. As long as I was
sub*scribing to "Audio" and "High Fidelity" magazine, I was always
dissatisfied with my own equipment, no  matter what I had just purchased -
there was always something coming along that I  felt I 'had to  have'.

Then I decided not to resub*scribe to those hardware rags, and suddenly I
was content with  my lot. Maybe for the same reason I  don't sub*scribe to
any of the popular photo mags - Madison Avenue is just too much for my weak
soul! Fortunately, they don't spend so much  in "Photo Techniques", so that
is a safe one for me.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx