[OM] AAAAAAAARRRGHHH!

Subject: [OM] AAAAAAAARRRGHHH!
From: Reuben Acciano <rubydoomsday@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 02:20:44 -0500 (EST)
I knew it had to end.

The run of Doris Fang luck has dried up.

Have any of you Zuiks seen a 24mm 2.8 explode at close range?
This is what happened Wednesday night when I took my new toy out to shoot
local act Longbo Tom.

One step too close, trying to frame the bassist just right and then WHAMMO!,
tempo change, odd stage manouevre and there goes my latest acquisition. Not
to mention a bunch of capillaries around my eye, the shot, and the ability
to focus without pain for the rest of the show.

The 35 mm f2 and two steps back saved the shoot, but I now have to figure
out how to cover the focal length when I have no 24mm f2.8 anymore, and my
f2 is already "promised" to someone.

I'm in an ethical quandry here - if I can get hold of another 2.8 quickly, I
don't need to hang on to the f2 and therefore an initiated transaction can
run to it's fruition. But I'm expecting the MO later this week and I need
that focal length to do my job. I've smashed superwides in almost the exact
same fashion before (thank god it wasn't the f2!!!) but it means I get more
dynamic shots when I take risks, so its kind of addictive.

What do you guys think I should do? I'm already chasing 2 2.8s on the other
side of the country, but my briefs for the week are here - three shows. And
the 24mm length is really quite central to my style. Sigh. How do I get
myself in to these things ...

Reuben.

PS - The 4Ti survived unscathed, thank god ...