Re: [OM] TMZ base density?

Subject: Re: [OM] TMZ base density?
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 18:59:23 +1100
Dylan wrote:

> I shot off my first roll of Tmax3200 at the Olympic gymnastics (using my
> 2sp and asoorted lenses including the 500/8 zuiko) and only got around
> to developing it recently. I was surprised to find that although the
> pictures are well  exposed and sharp, the base of the negative is almost
> opaque. Is Tmax always like this or did I do something wrong? I
> developed in Rodinal using the low dilution times and conditions, but
> used old fixer (opened a couple of years ago and forgotten, it was all I
> had left) which had started to precipitate from solution.

I would say that the fixer was stuffed.

Just checked some Tmax 3200 I shot a year ago and the base density doesn't
look significantly different to any other film in the neg folder.

> Any advice/comments?

Use fresh chemicals !

You could probably try cutting off a few frames and dunking them in fresh
fixer to see if they are salvageable.

...Wayne

...Wayne