Re: [OM] distortion and wide angle and zoom lens

Subject: Re: [OM] distortion and wide angle and zoom lens
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 11:00:30 EST
In a message dated 11/9/00 6:56:16 AM Pacific Standard Time,
P.Bernad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> The use I do for the 28 mm is just as a general wide angle lens. Mainly I
>  do landscapes with that lens, but not just that, candids as well (when
>  rain and job allow me to go out). I found in a series of pictures of a
>  tiny spanish village I took last summer that when placing the village
>  castle in the top-left corner of the frame it looks like the tower of Pisa
>  (which is not, unfortunately for that village).

This type of distortion is part of all wide angle lens and is not the fault
of the Zuiko. It occurs whenever your camera is not perfectly level. It is
called "keystone" and happens whenever you take a picture of a tall building
and angle the camera upward to take in the whole building. The corners and
edges get distorted in the same manner.

Warren