Re: [OM]

Subject: Re: [OM]
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 08:53:16 -0700
At 06:48 AM 11/9/2000 -0800, Jim Timpe wrote:
>My name is Jim, and I'm a zuikoholic in recovery.  I need HELP!!!!  This
>E*ay listing got my legs very weak, and I'm having fits of cold sweats...
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=491439031
>
>I DON"T want to be seeing any pink snakes and dancing elephants, now...

Note that the seller claims he's selling off the stuff he's inherited from a
relative's camera shop "a little at a time."  How much more (other than the
batch he's already selling) do you think he has?  I'm tempted to bid through
the auspices of my company -- I could make money breaking them up into
individual pieces and re-selling them!

In truth, nothing in the offering made my knees weak (I don't need multiples of
any particular focal length, although like all Zuikoholics I've got multiples
of the 50mm focal length), but I'd sure like to see if he's got anything more
exotic.

One point.  If everything's been in storage for 15+ years, the lenses may be
suffering from fungus.  I bought a like-new OM-1n a few years back that had
been stored, unused, for 12 years, and while the camera was fine, the lens was
definitely starting to show some crud.  The camera misfired for a few times,
until I worked the mechanism enough to get it "limbered up."  Since then, it's
been brilliant.

Garth

P.S.:  I note as well that Tom Scales is bidding.  Oh well, I suppose the rest
of us didn't really need any of that stuff anyways...  8^>

"Good... bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

   -- Ash,
      Army of Darkness