Re: [OM] Possible OM10 shutter malfunction

Subject: Re: [OM] Possible OM10 shutter malfunction
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 08:18:45 -0500
"klonking" mirror syndrome.  Could be shutter lock.  Sounds like mirror
locking halfway up due to no batteries / weak batteries / defective trigger
/ defective mirror magnet .  Or, when meter read 1 second, did shutter
simply stay open much longer than it should have?  Maybe 5 seconds before
closing?
5 seconds is the approx. low light limit of the 10, and will do this when
film is not loaded.

John  Hermanson
___________________________________
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000
___________________________________

| Conrad Samuels wrote:
| >
| > Greetings to all.  I'm new here so be gentle if I do things wrongly.
| >
| > A while ago I bought a used OM10 plus two lenses from a second-hand
dealer.
| > There was no handbook with the camera but in general I found it very
easy to
| > operate.  I have been a user of a wide variety of equipment as an
amateur
| > since the late '50s but this was the first Olympus I have used ever.
| >
| > I love the camera.  I am particularly fond of the optics which appear to
be
| > very good.  The lenses are a 50mm f1.8 MC and a 70-150mmF4 zoom.  The
camera
| > is also fitted with a manual adaptor.
| >
| > In general I use the camera only on  auto setting without any problems.
The