[OM] TTL Shoe Cord T 0.6m Question

Subject: [OM] TTL Shoe Cord T 0.6m Question
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 10:31:06 +0000
OK, here's a question for those who have a TTL Shoe Cord "T" (for the T-32
and a shoe 3, or shoe 4), so dig 'em out and take a look at 'em.

On the T-32 and T-20 foot there is a plastic finger that protrudes from the
bottom of the foot in front of the three pin contacts.  When you push on
it, it retracts the two forward pins to keep them from shorting out in a
hot shoe other than a shoe 3 or shoe 4 (with the extra two contacts).

I just noticed on the hot shoe foot end of the TTL Shoe Cord "T" that it
doesn't have this plastic finger, but there looks to be an empty slot for
it.  There also look like two more empty slots for another two pins behind
the center contact.  Leads me to believe this might be a common foot for
the TTL Shoe Cord "F" also.  The three pins also look to be a slightly
different shape than those on the T-32.  Do all of them look like this?  Or
do I happen to have a newer one designed after the F-280 came out that
allows the same foot to be used on either the "T" or "F" version of the TTL
Shoe Cord?

Thanks,
-- John