[OM] Light leak?

Subject: [OM] Light leak?
From: mike blayney <mikeblayney@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 00:27:07 -0800 (PST)
The last time I did serious photography was about 40 years ago when black and
white reigned supreme, so I'm not that knowledgable when it comes to colour.

Using an OM40(PC), on some prints I'm getting a red cast, always on the left
covering 10% to 200f the print. It is strongest on the left and fades towards
the centre and is fairly even top to bottom. Might this be a leak through the
shutter slit when cocked or during cocking (if my brain's together, left on the
print would be the film take up end of the negative)? If so, is there a cure?

It doesn't happen very often (1 in 40 shots in bright light) but can be quite
severe. Presumeably it is either an intermittant problem or I'm perhaps
pointing the camera at the sky when cocking the shutter/changing lens or
something?

Mike Blayney, Devon, UK (where it's raining and raining and raining and....)

=====
Mike Blayney, Devon, UK.