[OM] Olympus XA

Subject: [OM] Olympus XA
From: "Dinkar Jhalera" <dinkar.jhalera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 23:05:47 -0000
I received my XA +A16 that I bid on eBay a couple of weeks ago from France.
The seller said he was a collector and not a dealer. The XA has come with
all the manuals and appears in very good condition. Does not seem to have
had much use.  The only thing I can see that would need looking into is that
the light seals are a bit gooey.  Does any one know whether you can get
light seal foam for an XA?  May be John Hermanson would know whether they
are still available.  Looking at the A16 the battery compartment door looks
bit flimsy and could break off if rushed in a hurry. Does any one on the
list have any experience of this? Looking  at pictures may be A11's battery
door may be more robust.

Over the weekend I went a bit mad with the plastic and bought 16mm f3.5 from
MXV here in UK. Does anyone on the list have any good or bad experience of
using this fisheye lens.

Dinkar