[OM] Re: [OT] searching for the perfect 50mm lens....

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] searching for the perfect 50mm lens....
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 22:50:06 GMT
Nuthin' to it. Mask around the area you want sharp, then invert the mask. Experiment with either the blur filters or the blending brushes 'til you get the effect you want on the background. Violas and violins! Instant bokeh.

To compress the image as tho' it were taken with a longer lens, enlarge or shrink the masked area 'til it "looks right" relative to the foreground and background. I've actually done this in Corel Photo-Paint to fix a commercial image so the curbside sign looked better proportioned alongside the building.
Lex Jenkins
"Don't worry about everything 'cause nothing's gonna be alright."
- Casey Lechmanski

Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 12:03:58 +0000
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Great, so what are the photoshop manipulations I need to apply to get a 200/4 image looking like it was taken with a 250/2 ? ;-)

Garth Wood wrote:

Now that I'm into the electronic darkroom more, my attitude is that I can add or subtract anything I want with Photoshop or other tools, and the cast or "flavour" of the lens doesn't matter to me.