Re: [OM] [OT] As the Winder Turns: Some of the Early Experiments

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] As the Winder Turns: Some of the Early Experiments
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 22:00:01 -0500
John,

First, I want to thank you very much for sharing your experiences in this
sojourn. I've learned a lot, and continue to enjoy and await the next
installment of 'the winder'. Each is at least as entertaining as
informative.

Second, no matter how many disclaimers you put on the posted pictures, they
are still quite decent. I see what you mean about the contrasty Royal Gold
film, although the color tone was reasonable with the available light. The
apparent 'father of the bride's shirt color seemed unusualy well balanced
for white in that light. I thought the foreground candles in the aisle had a
lovely bokeh about them. Nice and smooth.

As for the shadows of the dark side, they weren't as bad as you described.
Using the twin flash setup reduce that effect somewhat. But whatever you
need to do to justify the flash bracket is ok with me!  ;-)

I was hoping to see some notes on the actual exposures and focal lengths.
But listen to me... the man without a note book....

Thanks again and good luck with the event!
Mickey