Re: [OM] "Me in a Tornado GR1" - going OT

Subject: Re: [OM] "Me in a Tornado GR1" - going OT
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 07:30:53 -0800
At 06:45 AM 11/2/00 +0100, Chris B wrote:

>Anyway, in a Grob (fairly sure that's what it is) I could develop a
>clamp to hold my OMs and perhaps take photos of all sorts of exotic
>aircraft that fly in the same speed regime.  Does anyone have any
>experience of aircraft coaming clamps with a tripod bush to hold a
>camera?

Chris,

Had you thought of discussing this with the photo recce people attached to
NATO or the RAF guys? Think you will find that with fixed mounts you end up
needing special dampening to counter the inherent vibrations. I know
anytime I've braced against a fuselage in flight the shots were disasters.
Barry H