Re: [OM] OM 2 question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 2 question
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 23:23:26 -0600
Olympus never differentiated the OM-2 curtains with the original pattern
and the later pattern with a separate part number - once stock of the
old style curtains were used up, the new type curtains were installed as
needed during repairs without qualm.  In other words, they were used
interchangeably.

Also, there was no change in the main circuit - no different part
number.  The SBC's on the circuit were the same by all appearances,
whichever style curtain was installed.

What prompted the alteration of the "random pattern" was never explained
- but I would suspect that it was because, (a) the effect on the
exposure was so minute that the "center weighted" pattern was deemed
unnecessary, and (b) the "average" pattern was cheaper to make. 8^)