Re: [OM] Reports from camera shows

Subject: Re: [OM] Reports from camera shows
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:25:05 GMT
I've visited two or three camera shows this year in the Fort Worth area and they were a mixed bag. The first was pretty good - lots of good condition used gear at reasonable prices.

The last show I attended pretty much matched the descriptions you gave from the Canon FD list: lots of overpriced junk, some nearly worn out or broken. However at least one dealer was trying hard, and another who's getting out of the business was selling everything half-price - and that wasn't half of an exorbitant price, but real bargains. Only problem was he'd been pretty much picked over 'til he was down to Minolta and Pentax stuff. Tons of good, cheap, NIB filters and stuff, tho'. Got an Olympus close up diopter for my mom for $7. Bought the one Olympus rear lens cap I could find for myself. Could have gotten it cheaper, tho', at a favorite local pawn shop.

The tiny handful of Olympus stuff was in awful condition, worse than I've seen at pawn shops. Didn't bother to ask the prices.

It's just a sign of the "new" economy. Folks who travel the show circuit have expenses that can't be covered by pricing gear reasonably. It's cheaper to sell via the web.
Lex Jenkins
"Budda-budda-budda!!!" - Sgt. Rock