Re: (Fwd) Re: [OM] Please don't fragment the list!!!! Was: "For Sal

Subject: Re: (Fwd) Re: [OM] Please don't fragment the list!!!! Was: "For Sal
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 18:12:56 -0600
Mark A. Thalman <markt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> recently wrote:

> The creation of OM-Trader was not meant to fragment the list but to
> augment it.  One can participate in both lists without any loss.

Right!

> I would be surprised if anyone left this list for OM-Trader.

Well, maybe some folks who are only interested in the FS/WTB stuff.
But that probably doesn't amount to many people.

> If there were any way to enforce a restriction that one must sub*scribe
> to this list before joining OM-Trader, I would do that.

Why?!?!?  Maybe there are people who aren't even aware of this list who
will see OM-Traders first, become interested, and join this list later.  Or,
like I mentioned above, maybe there are people who are only interested
in the FS/WTB list.  Why not just leave it up to people to decide for
themselves what they want to join/read and what they don't???

> The list charter was hastily written, I'll be working on an updated
> version this weekend with the OM list requirement done on the honor
> system.

If you need any help/suggestions/proof-reading/etc. let me know.

> Tom Scales' and others decision to not post any more FS items to this list
> was a loss.

Maybe so, but it's his (and my, and anyone else's) choice.

> One that I felt because someday I'll be able to buy another lens or body
> without jeopardizing my marriage.

Yeah right!  As if such a day will ever come!  Next your gonna tell us
you still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny!  <G>

Regards,

Chris