Re: [OM] airport security

Subject: Re: [OM] airport security
From: "Michael Virsinger" <mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:01:49 -0400
I have traveled much with film, cameras and even telescopes. I always carry
film in a x-ray proof film bag and always insist on having it hand
inspected. I have rarely had to pass it though the machine after I identify
that it is film and (firmly) request it to be inspected by hand. Sometimes I
have to insist, but I almost always get it through. Those days are almost at
an end now anyway as new security equipment is now being introduced that can
detect explosives without x-rays which should relieve some of the problem.

Mike V.