[OM] Mom scores!

Subject: [OM] Mom scores!
From: Clyde Soles <csoles@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 11:23:42 -0600
OK, time to gloat a bit. My Mom is a diehard antiquer who would intimidate a pro wrestler at an estate sale. But, despite my best efforts, she barely knows which end of a camera you point. She occasionally picks up a camera for me when it seems a great bargain. This time she did better than average.

Somebody was clearing out a house and had to get rid of everything fast. Mom spies a brown leather camera case that seems rather hefty. Upon inquiring, she buys the case and all the contents.

Inside are: Nikon F w/photomic viewfinder and 50mm f/1.4 in a never-ready case, 35mm f/2.8 in a hard case, a basic Gossen light meter, an Olympus XA w/A11 flash. Everything is in good shape though there is a hint of fungus on the XA lens (inside element).

Not bad for $3!

I've been wanting an XA for a while so it's a keeper. I'll probably unload the other stuff though I'm tempted to keep the Nikon in case I need a hammer around the house ;-)

I have taught Mom that my favorite words are Zuiko, Zeiss, Leica M and Hasselblad...you never know!