Re: [OM] OM-1n battery problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1n battery problem
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:07:16 GMT
Nick, while you're deciding, try a 675 zinc air hearing aid battery in your OM. It's not the right diameter but spring pressure will keep it in place. The voltage and output characteristics seem to be very comparable to mercury cells - even my Kodachrome 64 pix are properly exposed using zinc air batteries.

The only catch is the zinc air batteries last only about a month once the airtight seal is peeled off. But a package of 4 or 6 is pretty cheap. I keep a package in my camera bags as backups to my last mercury cell.

Also, at least one listfolk has offered original 625 cells. Check the archives for e-mail.