RE: [OM] OM gear with longest life expectancy - sigh

Subject: RE: [OM] OM gear with longest life expectancy - sigh
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:11:48 -0700
In a message dated 10/24/00 "Franklin Berryman" <faberryman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

<< Careful Mike - you mentioned both cars and audio equipment in that
lst post!
<g> >>

Uh, gulp...I sorta realized that after I clicked send but then it was
too late so I figured I would take my chances and hope for mercy.

<< Obligatory OM content:

By the way, when did Olympus stop sponsoring those fancy (forgive me for
not
knowing the type) race cars?  Do you have any photos of them in your
portfolio or were they before your time? >>

The cars Olympus sponsored were F1 Loti (I think that is plural for
Lotus) in the late 70s. These cars and livery were made most famous by
Emerson Fittipaldi and Mario Andretti in their respective championship
seasons (I'm pretty sure both ran with John Player and Olympus
sponsership anyway). Yes, they were before my time as far as serious
work and I never saw them run when new except on TV. I do, however, have
quite a few shots of these cars taken at vintage racing events. Only one
currently on my website
(http://motorsportvisions.com/Historic/fi/000000ab.htm)  but there are
some from this year's Monterey Historics that are still yet to be posted
as well.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com