SV: [OM] The death of the OM-4 - one camera snd one lens

Subject: SV: [OM] The death of the OM-4 - one camera snd one lens
From: "Helge M Tonning" <kristin.helge@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 14:51:15 +0200
Well, I think it is a *bit* too early to declare the death over a great camera
just because John H has run out of stock of OM4 spare parts. This is not
necessarily  the situation all over the planet, one may think of other places
where stock of OM4 spare parts is better than for OM 1 and OM2 (s/p).
If OM4 prices drops after this discussion, it will make the OM4 (with its spot
functions) more available for those who find todays prices to high.
BTW, a major camera repair (e g circuit replacement of a OM4Ti) may  turn out
to be so expensive that one may consider buying a OM4 instead.
The only thing you miss is the 1/2000 flash synch speed. The battery drain I
find is way to exaggerated. Do some of you have a partner (not Zuikoholic) with
a P&S camera and experienced the prices and durability of those batteries???

The best camera, in my opinion, (without thinking of its price) is still the
OM4Ti, but from my wallet, the OM 4 is a great option.

I find the 100/2.0 my best lens, the 21/2.0 just behind. (Am I too extreme?)
The 100/2 is gorgeous for portraits - thanks to our list and C H Ling, I did
manage to get my hands on a very nice specimen earlier this year (thanks
again!).

Helge
(Also the owner of two OM4 Ti's.......)