Re: SV: [OM] The death of the OM-4 - one camera snd one lens

Subject: Re: SV: [OM] The death of the OM-4 - one camera snd one lens
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 22:59:05 +0200
Helge M Tonning wrote:

> The battery drain I find is way to exaggerated. Do some of you have a partner
> (not Zuikoholic) > with a P&S camera and experienced the prices and
> durability of those batteries???

I agree, I hardly remember the last time I changed the batteries of my
OM-4, so battery consumption can't be that bad. BTW it is an OM-4 with
the old circuit board.

I might add, I was the owner of two OM-2SP and didn't notice an
inequitable consumption of battery power with this cameras.

"High or low" battery consumption is sometimes a very subjective
judgement, depending on expectations, former experiences of the
observer.
An owner of OM-1 might think an OM-4 consumes batteries like an SUV
guzzles gas (obligatory SUV content), but the owner of an wonderbrick
(the camera equivalent of an SUV) might be surprised of the modest
battery consumption.

> The best camera, in my opinion, (without thinking of its price) is still the
> OM4Ti, but from
> my wallet, the OM 4 is a great option.

In my opinion, the OM-4 has the best price/performance relation of all
OM bodies.

Regards

Richard