Re: [OM] Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 09:08:20 -0400
Gary writes:
> I have a hunch that the free manuals phone number is also a subcontract.
> They are a no show for me 1000f the time. I think the "old lady at the
> photocopier" must have retired. I would be happy if they would just
> start charging so long as they filled orders!!!  Pentax gets them out
> next day at $4 each.
>
> Gary Reese
> Las Vegas, NV

I've had mixed results with the manuals department. I did receive an OM-10
manual in about 6 months. They told me they were out at the time and would
send when available. I recently ordered an OM-4 manual and the fellow said
he was surprised to find that they had one in stock. He sent it off, and
yes, once again, I recieved something.... It's an original color 'For
creative photography' booklet in near perfect condition. And perfectly in
German! I had hoped to get the operator's manual (in English... I think I
was speaking English). I had found the English version of  fcp in a photo
store a year ago.

So, I'm still looking for the OM-4 operator's manual. If any of you folks
have one you'd like to part with for a reasonable fee, I'd be much obliged.
I've seen the ads for the photocopies by third parties, but they are being
made under the assumption that 'if Olympus doesn't charge for them, they've
given up their rights to them'. I'm not sure that's correct and would rather
drum up a real one anyway.

I've you've got one, come see me off-line at  mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx .
Thanks!
Mickey