Re: [OM] Beware of the USPS - I'm getting scr**wed

Subject: Re: [OM] Beware of the USPS - I'm getting scr**wed
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 12:21:15 -0400
A year or so ago, a customer sent me his OM-2 & T32 for repair.  He was in
the armed forces, stationed in Cairo.  Well, package went back insured, but
he never got it.  He got very angry with me when he shoulda been mad at the
Post Office (I can't blame him for being mad, period).  He demanded a
replacement camera system AND his repair money back (right!).  He also
demanded that the check from the USPS be sent directly to him.  Okay, THAT'S
fine.
I sent the original repair invoice to the PO clearly stating that prices
shown were labor totals, not the worth of the camera & flash.  I also sent
ads from Shutterbug detailing what used 2Ns and T32s were selling for.
The PO depreciated the repair prices and sent him a check.  And because the
check went directly to the owner, I was not ALLOWED to contest the total, or
be involved in any way.  Everything had to be handled by the customer, in
Cairo.

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000