RE: [OM] Beware of the USPS - I'm getting scr**wed

Subject: RE: [OM] Beware of the USPS - I'm getting scr**wed
From: Charlie Stricklen <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 08:49:41 -0400
Edward Heler wrote:

Interesting thread.  Having had a similar experience a couple years ago, I
never send anything important or of value any other way than FedEx.  Have
never had to file a claim because nothing has ever been lost.  It may cost
more but the item-letters, checks, documents, goods-get there.

Here is just how good FedEx is: They were late with a time critical package two
years ago. They didn't lose it, but, largely because of a huge Chicago
snowstorm, it sat in a terminal over the weekend when it should have been
delivered on Friday. Since the package was no longer of any use to the project
for which it had been needed, FedEx returned it to me at my request. A few days
later I received a full refund along with a separate check for $100!

Tom, when you have succeeded in getting your situation straightened out and the
USPS has paid your claim and apologized, I'm confident they'll send along
a little something extra for your trouble. ;^ /

Charlie