[OM] Re: [OT] Overseas bidding

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Overseas bidding
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 09:02:28 +1100
I think the problem here is that ebay users a 'sellers own country' default
option on the selling form you fill out. That is, if you don't actively
change it, your listing goes up as, "Will ship to US only" - or Germany
only, or UK only, I presume. This is an annoying feature and, several 'US
only' sellers I've emailed are quite happy to mail small items overseas
when I offer to pay by Western Union Money order. It's not much help when
you see a last minute item, however. Perhaps we should lobby ebay to make
the "Will ship internationally" the default - it's more in keeping with the
spirit of the web, no?
There are some, however, who are fiercely 'US only' and demand the freedom
to sell to whoever they want - the freedom to be an insular idiot I
suppose. they can be burned domestically, just as easily as overseas.
Andrew