Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1893

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1893
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:27:16 -0500
The original Olympus OM-2 Instruction book says (on the Main
Specifications page), "Measuring Range: ASA 100 F1.2 from several tens
of seconds to F16, 1/1,000 second."  And in the section titled Automatic
Exposure Control, "Since your OM-2 provides for automatic exposures from
1 second to approximately 60 seconds (with ASA 100), make sure your
camera is on a tripod or other stable support."

I can't find my OM-2n Instruction book, but I believe the "guaranteed"
exposure range was doubled to two minutes under similar conditons.

In use, however, an OM-2 or OM-2n _may_ keep the shutter open much
longer than one or two minutes.  But both models have a tiny LED peeking
into one of the Silicon Blue Cells to assure that, even in "total"
darkness, the shutter will eventually close.  The P-circuit of the OM-2n
will also cut power after approximately three minutes, anyway.