Re: [OM] If you could use only ONE lens . . . -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] If you could use only ONE lens . . . -Reply
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 21:12:36 -0400
You are lucky. I have been across the western states 10 times and have yet to be over the Royal Gorge or see the Grand Canyon. Most of the travel was while I was a youngster, with my family, and since my mom was terrified of heights we were not allowed to go near either place. The only place my dad managed to sneak me before she put her foot down was Seven Falls, in Colorado.

Gregg

Lex wrote:
Great pix, Scott, especially #2 - that combination of black smoke and white steam. I'd love to ride on that narrow-gauge rail, especially around the mountainsides. It would pique my agoraphobia just enough to be amusing. A few years ago I finished off a gold-panning trip to Colorado by driving back and forth across the Royal Gorge bridge, then walking across, just to scare myself. It worked...very well. Better'n a roller coaster.