Re: [OM] New? 135mm f3.5 and others spotted

Subject: Re: [OM] New? 135mm f3.5 and others spotted
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:52:33 -0500
On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 07:49:52AM -0600, Chris O'Neill wrote:
> Yeah, I've wondered why that is, too?  It's really not *that* much trouble
> to send stuff here (Canada), and it's probably the same for overseas.
> Filling out a tiny customs declaration *shouldn't* cause cramped fingers
> or CTS, for heaven's sake!

Shipping to Canada is no big deal for me, either, as long as it goes via the
postal service...my usual practice in any case, as I refuse to deal with UPS
unless there's no other option, *including* changing vendors.

> > Then, there's payment! The credit card systems don't work outside North
> > America (or didn't)...
> They still don't, but make that "the U.S." cuz the systems don't work for
> Canada, either.  I heard that Paypal "is working on it," but that's been
> ages now, so I'm not holding my breath.  No good reason for THAT,
> either, IMHO.

I'm holding a Canadian postal money order right now that I'm hoping my
credit union will accept for a deposit...it's denominated in US$, but I
don't know if it'll go or not. I don't know what I'll do with it if they
don't take it.

Most Americans don't know what to do with foreign money. It's not uncommon
for someone to never have had to deal with it, just as it's not uncommon at
all for an American not to have a passport.