[OM] RE: one body ...

Subject: [OM] RE: one body ...
From: Reuben Acciano <rubydoomsday@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 08:49:01 -0400 (EDT)
One body? 4Ti, no question. If your ligthing changes during exposure (as is
frequently the case with either the "magic hours" or when I'm shooting
bands, only an electronic shutter will do. Of course, I'd be packing a 3 or
2N for just in case it dropped to 20 below outside, but then, living in
Perth - it's not likely to happen anytime soon ... right, Andrew, Wayne? :)

On another note -does anyone have any relevant - in use - info on the value
of an OM-30 (OM F) as a backup body? I've found a cheapie ... everything
seems to work and the build quality is peachy keen. I also like the finder -
it reminds me of a 2S I had once (longing sigh). Can anyone tell me if the
"in-focus indicator" is worth anything at all? Is this a primitive version
of the system in the Contax RX? Or is it a marketing irrelevance bought in
to draw attention away from the crappy AF lens this body was supposed to be
matched with? Am I the only one who hates the idea of a rectangular shutter
release? All else seems fine with this body so is $AUD 110.00 the good deal
I think it is? (That's actually including a crappy SC 50 1.8 and rubber 49mm
lens hood).

Help me out, gang.

Cheers in advance,
Reuben.