Re: [OM] The 40 mm f2 on ebay for last day

Subject: Re: [OM] The 40 mm f2 on ebay for last day
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 11:50:24 -0700
Chip S. writes:

<< I've also found that it can be very tedious to put paint back into
those numbers in a neat and crisp fashion.... >>

If we only had a dollar for every time a seller claims that this or that
repair/part replacement/tweak is all something needs to make it Mint/As
New/Clean/Mint-/Perfect. Geesh, then why in the hell didn't they get
that fixed before selling it!?  If those same sellers got things fixed
on a regular basis they would now what "beyond economic repair" means
and learn to put the reins on ridiculous or uninformed claims to the
contrary. And quite wasting money.

Looks like the 40mm got caught up in a bidding war. Buyer beware.

My least favorite claim: "Oh, the motor drive cap [to a OM-1 or 2] is
missing, but you can pick one up at your local camera store."

Or how about: "The lens iris doesn't respond, but you can use it wide
open."  Then there is: "I didn't have a battery, so I'm selling this
as-is."

Anyone see what pghcamex is doing to their eBay Feedback profile? They
are adding the same comment to each and every buyer who posts feedback:
Response: AA++Great Customer! Nice Doing Business With You
I guess that is what happens when 8.70f your buyers post neutral or
negative feedback on you.

Gary (who unintentionally bought another piece of junk off eBay) Reese
Las Vegas, NV