Re: [OM] macro working

Subject: Re: [OM] macro working
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 23:05:51 +0000
At 03:42 10/7/00 , you wrote:
>After a long hiatus from my first beloved OM-G I'm back in Oly 35mm manual
>focus with a 2S (had to get the flash ttl metering). How sweet it is...
>Anyway, the questions: I will be getting a 50mm f3.5 macro (any FS out
>there?) for taking pics from books. (1) will a t20 on a cord hand-held work
>presuming I stay away from the glare angle? (2) Is there any non-bellows
>way to attach the slide duplicator? I have an impression that the 25mm
>extension tube is just right for 1:1, but it's never that simple. Or:
>what's the easiest way to dupe slides passably? Go to the photo store?
>Thanks,

Most copy stands use two lights at about 45 deg. to the board for even
illumination.  With books, don't worry about shutter speed, and set
aperture for necessary DOF (which shouldn't be much of a problem either
with books).  I don't have special lighting for macros.  I found a window
in my dining room that can be used during morning hours with lots of
indirect daylight coming through it, and I set up there, on tripod, with a
small white board reflector if necessary to get even lighting.

-- John