Re: [OM] Compact camera with super-wide 21 mm lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Compact camera with super-wide 21 mm lens
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 09:20:35 +0100
Skip Williams wrote:
> Nice.  I only wish that I could find a picture on Ricoh's site.  I tried
> the European, USA, and Japanese sites, no luck,

I suspect that they'll look like the GR1s - apart from the lens and
viewfinder, the specifications are identical except for an added cable
release socket, one thing that's notoriously absent from the otherwise
superbly featured GR1. It's very strange that Ricoh film cameras aren't now
officially imported into the US but a London dealer, Robert White, appears
to have geared himself up to supply the US market with the GR1 and now the
GR1s.

How things have changed. When I was selling cameras in the '60s, Ricohs were
regarded as doorstops in the trade, and I wouldn't have believed anyone who
told me that 35 years on I'd be owning three of 'em!

There's a scan of my GR1 and some other info about them on my website.

Regards,
Keith Berry
(Birmingham, England)
k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx