[OM] RE: Olypics Update, Fireworks question, etc.

Subject: [OM] RE: Olypics Update, Fireworks question, etc.
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 16:30:00 -0500
Dylan wrote in part:

Which leads to a question
(which I'm sure is answered in the archives somewhere, but danged if I
can find a summary): what do our expert firworks photographers prefer in
terms of film, and what is a suggested starting point in terms of
exposure? I have a newly acquired OM 2SP (bought from fellow listee
Foxy, in much better condition than stated, at a better than fair price
- - a class act), so auto exposure is finally an option.
Dylan

With the OM-2S and ASA 100 film and about an 85mm lens, I like f11 in auto
mode.  It will depend on the number of bursts to fill the frame, and
alternative exposures at f8 and f16 won't hurt.  Auto mode works
surprisingly well for this IMHO.  Exposures seem to last from anywhere from
5 to 20 seconds.

I've had good results with either slide or print film.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA