Re: [OM] [ot] Dmax slide vs flatbed scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] [ot] Dmax slide vs flatbed scanner
From: David Irisarri Vila <valicors@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 23:28:11 +0200
Hi,
        Dmax (maximum optical density) from scanners vary
from 2.8 (old Kodak PhotoCD) to 3.7 (4.0 theorycal). Drum
scanners reach to 3.7, but best slides will only reach to
3.4 So Polaroid SprintScan with 3.4 will extract shadow
detail very well. But then appears CCD noise and this is
another story... ;-(

The best software to scan perfect slides and negs is
Binuscan Photoperfect for Sprintscan 4000!!! It´s simply
outstanding!!! No other software will do it better!!! I´ve
been working with Binuscan many years and I know that it´s
the best solution for colour matching.
http://www.binuscan.com

Best regards,

Dave