[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1875

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1875
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 14:02:33 -0500
Re: fireworks

I find the Olympus cameras to be ideal for fireworks.  With Kodachrome 64,
camera on auto, -1/3 comp., I set the aperture according to how many bursts
I want in the shot.  Using a wide opening, the shutter closes after one or
two fireworks go off.  Closing down to 11 or 16 causes the shutter to
remain open longer and gives a really spectacular grouping of many bursts.
I let the camera do all the work.  I'm using a tripod, of course.  The
hardest part is determining when the shutter has closed in all the noise,
without having to look into the eyepiece continually.

Alan Magayne-Roshak