Re: [OM] 40mm On E Bay

Subject: Re: [OM] 40mm On E Bay
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 06:05:01 +0200
Yes Skip

My current 40/2's aperture ring will not move very easily with a filter on it. I did not know why until this pretty plausible explanation. My previous 40/2 did not have this problem.

However, I can use the aperture ring carefully and I am happy to have filters on it only occasionally.

Chris

In the description of this item is the statement:

"Please note using Olympus filters exclusively with this lens is highly recommenced : the filter ring and the aperture setting ring are the same ( see pictures) and a third party filter with deeper threads can pinch the aperture ring and make setting f-stops impossible."

I don't have any problem with my 40/2 using "standard" filters. Is this REALLY an issue?

Skip