Re: [OM] Beating a Dead Horse (Not Animal Rights)

Subject: Re: [OM] Beating a Dead Horse (Not Animal Rights)
From: Dr Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 19:45:03 +1000
I've been toying with the idea of getting a 35mm film scanner. I shoot transparencies and don't really have a way to get them onto CD-ROM (I have a CD burner).

Anyone know if Nikon et al are likely to bring out a Firewire Coolscan model anytime soon? Any other company? The Olympus ES-10 wasn't even Mac compatible so i don't hold out much hope there !!!!

Seems to me that with SCSI fading away and USB not quite up to the bandwidth requirements of shuffling Mb of data rapidly, this is the next logical step.

TIA

peter