Re: [OM] Zuiko Date Codes

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko Date Codes
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 23:17:14 +0200
Your interpretation seems reasonable. It seems I have a ens which
was manufactured in another plant.

This are the codes on some of my lenses:

SAD3    -> 1983/Mar
NID7    -> 1983/Jul     This is 40mm/F2.0 #6333, seems possible
TND8    -> 1983/Aug
SAEA    -> 1984/Okt
TNEC    -> 1984/Dec

I guess they used 1-9 for Jan-Sept and A-C for Okt-Dez.
So If there is a code with more than a C in th last 'digit' this Theory is
faulted.

When assuming the labeling started with 1980 as year A the following results:

A       1980
B       81
C       82
D       83
E       84
F       1985
G       85
H       86
I       87
J       88
K       89
L       1990
M       91
N       92
O       93
P       94
Q       1995
R       96
S       97
T       98
U       99
V       2000
W       01
X       02
Y       03
Z       04

Which could be possible. very fascinating.
Seems the Zuiko production is planed
to last until 2004 ? <g>

Frieder Faig