Re: [OM] Zuiko 180 TEST !!! About serial numbers

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 180 TEST !!! About serial numbers
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:51:48 +0200
On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 12:36:24AM +0000, Giles wrote:

> More recent lenses, at a guess I would say those manufactured in the
> 80's, already hava date code on them in the form of a group of white
> letters near the rear element.  These letters denote the particular
> factory which made the lens and the year and month.

interesting, does such a code look like `SAD3' or 'TND8' ?
-But What`s the year, and what`s the month? - Are there
any informations available how to decode this letters, or are all
of my Zuiko`s pretty old? - Hmm, the only one I bought new
in 1995 - doesn`t even have any letter near the rear element,
guess the dealer was pretty happy finally selling it to me.... ;-).

Frieder Faig