Re: [OM] IS3dlx

Subject: Re: [OM] IS3dlx
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:15:20 GMT
Tom, I've been watching iS-3 auctions on eBay for a couple of months now and am surprised at the high prices. B&H sells 'em new for $449. KEH sells 'em used for $300 on up depending on condition and extras. Good luck with the auction, but if it were me I'd probably quit bidding at $325 unless it was EX+ and/or included some interesting accessories like the grip strap, teleconverter, etc., *and* ample time to test the camera for proper operation. I have read a couple of reports of glitchy iS-series cameras, tho' I've read far more reports of glitchy Canon Rebel 2000s, Nikon AF SLRs, etc. Probably statistically insignificant all around.

On the used markeet I think the iS-2 is a better bargain. A great performer and usually available for under $200. And all your 49mm filters will fit. For now the best buy in an iS-3 still seems to be a spankin' new one unless the seller is also offering some of those nifty accessories. It takes 55mm filters.

Lex
===