Re: [OM] Re: gluing rubber focus rings

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: gluing rubber focus rings
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 04:02:40 EDT
xyyc@xxxxxxxx writes:

<< The crazy glue remedy works wonders and each treatment lasts
 for about 4 or 5 days. Repeat as necessary. Never had any problems .....
 in fact an MD acquaintance once mentioned that a similar sort of glue
 was used by MASH units in Korea. >>

**Many**  years ago we used to use a Kodak (chemical div) cyano-acrilate glue
for glueing electrodes on beating hearts for experimental open chest EKG's.
In a damp environment the electrical contact was excellent!
          But for rubber I prefer "Barge Glue" over Pliobond and for neoprene
rubber I go to a diving store and get "Trident" brand (wet suit ) neoprene
cement. This is dark black, very thin and easy to paint on. Shake very well
before use. If you want to make "Zing" style lens covers etc you can seam
seal all the seams with this stuff to make really water tight covers.

Tim Hughes
Hi100@xxxxxxx