Re: [OM] Re: gluing rubber focus rings

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: gluing rubber focus rings
From: Gregg <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:38:12 -0400
Nothing sticks fingers together faster or more completely! I also heard that in the days that the super glue containers looked like eye drop containers, several individuals arrived at the emergency room after putting *eye drops* in their eyes. Not a pleasant image, if you will pardon the pun.

A serious use of crazy glue, but only if you have the accelerator, is in model building. It is possible to get a solid, almost instantaneous joint where before it required pinning and waiting for a number of minutes.

Gregg

Lex asked:
While we're on the subject (sorta) has anybody ever found a use for crazy glue that couldn't be done as well or better by something else? I've never been able to get anything to adhere properly to another thing using crazy glue. Besides, the stuff stinks and is toxic.