[OM] Digital E-10 and OM-2 have something in common!

Subject: [OM] Digital E-10 and OM-2 have something in common!
From: "Paul Van Gossum" <paul.vangossum@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:15:37 +0200
(I'm resending this because I didn't see this message appearing in a previous
digest)

Hello all,

below is something funny I found in the (translated) Q&A list about the digital
SLR E-10:

"The shutter sound output from the speaker can be set to either (1) Mechanical
sound based on an OM-2 or (2) Mechanical sound with motor drive based on the
L-1."
A remark from Phil (= the translator of the article): Interesting, this would
suggest the E-10 doesn't have a mirror.. In which case they must be using a
prism to split the image between the CCD and viewfinder (which would also
explain the cameras ability to produce a live video stream to the LCD
viewfinder).

the whole list of questions can be found at
http://www.olympus.co.jp/LineUp/Digicamera/support/QandA/hontai/E10a.html
(japanese) or http://www.dpreview.com/news/0008/00083005olye10qanda.asp
(English).

I hope this isn't meant to be "Olympus commitment to the OM line".

Paul.