Re: [OM] Billingham (and other) Bags

Subject: Re: [OM] Billingham (and other) Bags
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 02:00:27 +0000
At 02:14 9/11/00 , Jim Couch wrote:
>Funny you all should mention bags. I am just starting to look for a new bag. I
>would love to hear form folks on the list what bags they are using and how
they
>like them. I am just beginning my search and any information posted would be
>most useful to me (and I suspect others as well.)
>
>Jim Couch
>(list newbie)

I use three Tamrac bags of different sizes:  two relatively small ones (one
very old) and a relatively large one.  The two newer ones are superlights
and the biggest was apparently recently discontinued (superlight 9).  What
I like about them is the durability, light weight, padding and shoulder straps.

Bags, like other accssories, are a very personal preference.  Choice
depends on what you carry, how you want to carry it, and how you like to
organize it.  I won't try to claim Tamrac's are for everyone.  In fact, the
internal layout of a couple of their model lines doesn't fit how I like to
organize things.  However, they are extremely well made, very durable, and
the newer shoulder straps are ergonomically designed to stay on your shoulder.

>From what I've read and seen, the others mentioned such as LowePro, Domke
and Billingham are also good.  Seems though that most of the current bags
are made for long zooms and fat lenses with AF motors in them.  Maybe it's
my imagination, but it seems the dividers are spaced farther apart than
they used to be to accomodate fatter AF lenses leaving the compact Zuiko's
swimming in them.

-- John