Re: [OM] Billingham (and other) Bags

Subject: Re: [OM] Billingham (and other) Bags
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 23:02:18 EDT
It seems to me that there are two concerns (besides cost) when you consider
getting a bag.  First, how high or low profile do you want to be?  With a
Lowe or Tenba bag you are immediately identified as a "Photographer".  That
can be good or bad.  Thieves know that you have expensive and easily pawned
cameras and lenses in that bag and you can come to harm if they want it more
than your common sense causes you to give it up.

If you wander the streets of a city, like I do here in San Diego, you want a
plain bag in which to carry your camera(s) and lenses.  You get out the
camera when it is time to take your pictures and put it back in the bag when
you are finished.  The bag I use doesn't look like anything special.

Then again, if you travel and want maximum protection for your gear you will
want a padded bag in which you can safely carry your precious gear secure
from impact and the elements.

I guess it may be that your need two bags.  Will this never end?

Dave Dougherty