Re: [OM] Film Disaster

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Disaster
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 16:12:49 -0400
This is why I send my E-6 to either Qualex (Kodak) or Fuji. That way I know that only the C-41 gets done locally.

Skip

  At 10:52 AM 9/6/00 -0700, you wrote:

Ouch, I feel your pain. The local chain mini-lab/pro lab (Bay Photo Lab
who I do still use) in my area did this to me with a roll of RDP100 I
shot at the 1992 505 sailboat worlds here in Santa Cruz. I had access
for one day on the press boat (if you could call it that...an 18'
Bayliner powerboat in 30kt+ winds and 10' swells is not much of a boat,
thank goodness for Jay Crum's exceptional driving skills that day). I
was only able to shoot 3 rolls in between getting drenched and hanging
on for dear life, one of RDP and two of the old Ektar. The one roll of
RDP was shot when the wind was strongest (read most spray and exciting
shots) and despite my telling the counter person that "this one is E6
and goes to Park Ave." (the pro lab where they do the E6) they ran them
all C41 :(.

The "negatives" are umm...interesting. Perhaps useful for the basis of
some really sureal Photoshop composites but that was about it.

Hope the day gets better for you Joel.