Re: [OM] Photo Catalog Programs

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Catalog Programs
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 16:43:06 +0200
On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 06:18:00PM -0400, WKato@xxxxxxx wrote:

> CD. Is there any way to automate this rather tedious process?

There are image maipulation programs which have a lot of automation
capabilities. Look at weather they have macro programming features.

The only program I know is Gimp a free imape manipulation program.
It is even programable in Skript-foo or in Perl. But It is not a quick job to
learn how to do, because this are real programming languages, even when
they are designed to use for quick, short automation jobs like this.
Gimp is now also availabe for Windows. (http://www.gimp.org)

I guess that window-programs like photoshop have similar, and maybe  less
complex programming capabilities.

Frieder Faig